RESULTS of ‘INR 25,00,000 challenge to all astrologers to forecast result of Parliament Election 2009′
Science and Rationalists’ Association of India (Bharayatiya Bigyan o Yuktibadi Samiti) challenged all astrologers to forecast following results / information regarding Parliament Election 2009:–
- How many seats will be acquired by Congress, BJP, TMC, CPI(M), BSP, RJD, Samajbadi Party, DMK, AIDMK?
- How much differences in votes will remain to win/lose for Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi, Lalkrishna Advani, Mamata Bandopadhyay, Laluprasad Yadav, Rambilas Paswan from their respective nearest opponents?
Till May 15 late night we received 15 responses to the challenge. As we expected, none of them had shown the correct position. The actual results started coming out and were broadcast on TV from the morning of the 16th. The replies received from 8am onwards on May 16 were not considered. The results are given below.
Results of the 2009 Parliament Election
Seats acquired by:
- Congress 206
- BJP 116
- TMC 19
- CPI(M) 16
- BSP 21
- RJD 4
- Samajbadi Party 23
- DMK 18
- AIDMK 9
Manmohan Singh—has not contested, already elected in Rajya Sabha
Laluprasad Yadav—contested in 2; won in one, lost in the other
Regarding the margin, there are such vast differences—most figures are in lakhs (hundred thousands)—that we do not think the details are necessary.
- INR 25,00,000 challenge to all astrologers to forecast result of Parliament Election 2009
- 15 responses received to our challenge to ‘Astrologers’
- Now that the votes are in, astrologers are the losers
Leave a Reply